Despite government price control, IP, and quality issues, India remains the 3rd largest biotechnology economy in the APAC region. It was reported that the pharmaceutical industry in India will create 134,000 new jobs in 2016, equivalent to 20% more hiring as compared to 2015 (Source: India Skills Report 2016). Experts also suggested that India’s pharma industry will likely be listed as one of the top 10 most important global markets in value terms, an increase of more than 20 percent compared to 2015’s hiring numbers.
The high expected growth rate is likely to be the result of a stronger government support to promote healthcare innovation and provide better coverage for its people in need. While the country is set on the path to growth, fragmented policy, inadequate funding, and lack of infrastructure and intellectual property rights protections have hindered growth previously.
From manufacturing, research, and partnering perspectives, The 14th BioPharma India 2016 will bring you the latest insights on the state of development in India’s biopharmaceutical industry. We’ve gathered a panel of experts to join us as advisors and are partnering with local associations to make sure we’ve crafted a program that suits your needs.
Our esteemed confirmed conference advisors include:
- Dr Ajith V. Kamath, Senior Director and Head, External R&D Innovation, India Worldwide Research & Development, Pfizer Inc.
- Prof Ashok Pandey, Former Chief Scientist and Head of Biotechnology Division, CSIR National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Founder President, Biotech Research Society India
- Dr Kaushik Desai, Honorary General Secretary, Indian Pharmaceutical Association
- Dr Manjunath Ramarao, Group Director and Head, Disease Sciences and Technology, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Dr Sandhya Kumaraswamy, Associate Director, Quality Assurance, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories
BioPharma India isn’t a trade show or a large-scale exhibition. We bring senior executives together to explore the most exciting opportunities India’s biopharma industry has to offer. With case studies, innovation showcases and interactive panel discussions, you can hear from the movers and shakers and then meet them.
Click here to find out more.