3 February – On 21 February at SMX Convention Center, Manila, EduTECH Philippines 2017 will kickoff with an opening address on the future of education by Guest-of-Honor, Senator Paolo Benigno ‘Bam’ Aquino IV, one of Philippine’s most influential educational advocates. Also presenting will also be a keynote on The learning revolution you can’t afford to miss by Dr. Gary Stager, one of the most respected voices in the global educational community and a firm advocate against “one size fits all” mindset of education.
Joining Senator Aquino and Dr Stager in addressing the education disruption is Mr Jose Luis U. Yulo, President, Chamber of Commerce of the Philippine Islands who will be sharing on Collaboration, internationalisation and the end of educational isolation. Leading educators like Mr Alfredo E Pascual, President, University of the Philippines System, Dr Rosario O. Lapus, President, Miriam College and Dr Elias Stampa, Head of School, United Campus of MGIS and AIS will also be sharing key insights on change needed as they evaluate Filipino education in an ASEAN context – the opportunities & challenges.
As part of the internationally renowned EduTECH series, EduTECH Philippines 2017 will map out and drive forward next generation education in the Philippines. With two dedicated streams of content on K-12 leaders and Tertiary leaders, the conference will feature over 60 inspirational speakers to discuss strategic topics including the K12 roadmap, Technology enabled learning, digital literacy, Skills development, classrooms of tomorrow, Facilities transformation, Blended learning, TVET & alternate learning pathways and more.
The speakers at EduTECH Philippines 2017 include:
- Dr Chris & Victoria Bernido, Founders, Central Visayan Institute Foundation (CVIF)
- Professor J.S.Perry Hobson, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Taylor’s University
- Br Raymundo Suplido FSC, President, De La Salle University
- Dr Catherine Q Castaneda, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Adamson University
- Ms Ma. Lourdes N. Cura, Principal, Everest Academy Manila
- Professor Anna Ramos, Director, Educational Technology Centre, University of Santo Tomas
- Dr Linda Santiago, Chancellor, University of the East
- Ms Rosanna R. Urdaneta, Deputy Director General for Policies and Planning, Technical Education and Skills Development Authority
- Dr Horacio M Montefrio, President, IETI SCHOOL SYSTEM/Technical Vocational Schools Association of the Philippines
- Dr Joseph Mercado, Vice President for Research, Extension, Planning and Development, Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- Dr Fabian Dayrit, Director Ateneo Innovation Center, Ateneo de Manila
- Maria Carmela P. Vertido, High School Principal, Paref Woodrose School
- Dr Salvacion Villavicencio, Dean and Director of Poveda Center for Educators Formation, Saint Pedro Poveda College
- Ronilda M Co, Director IV of the DepEd Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Service (DRRMS), Department for Education
- Mellissa Espiritu, Academic Executive & High School Principal, Veritas Catholic School
Besides the conference, the exhibition will feature a showcase of the latest education technologies by over 30 industry players and up-and-coming start-ups, a makerspace with hands-on activities using maker tools and a seminar theatre featuring #teachtechtalks for teachers by teachers. Some of the exhibiting companies includes Epson Philippines Corporation, Smart Communications, Inc., Globe Telecom, Ruckus Wireless, Alexan Commercial, Cengage Learning, Guangzhou Shirui Electronics Co., Ltd., Rex Book Store (Philippines), Rodin Knowledge Solutions, Syrex Corporation Philippines, The Brain Computer Corporation, ManageEngine and more.
The two-day conference and exhibition is expected to gather over 1,000 education stakeholders from Philippines and beyond.
About EduTECH Philippines 2017
Date: 21 – 22 February 2017
Conference opening hours: 09:00 am
Exhibition opening hours: 10:00 am
Venue: Level 2, SMX Convention Center, Manila, Philippines
Terrapinn is a business media company. Its products are trade exhibitions, conferences, training solutions and electronic and print publications. For more information, please visit www.terrapinn.com.
Note: Press registration for the conference is compulsory and advance scheduling for speaker/ sponsor interviews is recommended. Press passes are strictly reserved for reporters, journalists, editors only. Final issuance of press passes is subjected to Terrapinn’s discretion. For your complimentary press pass, please contact the following:
Terrapinn Pte Ltd
Tel: +65 6322 2715