With new routes being deployed to ensure diversity and resiliency, how does this change or affect the business case and financial criteria for investment? At last year’s 20th Annual Submarine Networks World 2017, we heard from different stakeholders in a panel discussion on Financing tomorrow’s cables
The Panel was moderated by Andrew Lipman, Head of Telecommunications, Media & Technology, Morgan, Lewis & Bockius and he was joined by the following panellists:
- Yves Ruggeri, Chairman, ACE Consortium
- Emma Veve, Director, Urban, Social Development, and Public Management Division, Pacific Department, Asian Development Bank
- Mike Cunningham, Chairman, Ireland-France Subsea Cable
- Bertrand Guiot, Head of Global Infrastructure and Projects, Asia Pacific, Natixis
- Larry Schwartz, Chief Executive Officer, Seaborn Networks
Topics discussed included the following:
- Financing now vs then: how has it changed and what are the new trends that have emerged?
- How are today’s financial markets creating an environment to promote subsea investment?
- Examining the renewed/emerging interest from new financiers – what’s in it for them?
- (for financiers) What criteria are you evaluating before making an investment decision?
- How have cable operators/owners improved in structuring their finances in order to achieve project success? What are the areas that can be improved or made easier?
- Looking ahead: how will tomorrow’s cables be financed?
Check out the full session “Financing tomorrow’s cables”” here:
Want more of such great content? Then you should book your calendar for Submarine Networks World 2018, taking place 24 – 26 September at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre. Firmly established as the must-attend annual meeting for industry players from all around the world, preparations are already underway for another year of inspiring ideas, extensive networking and lively debates.
Keen to learn more? Get in touch with the team: