What are some of the new network topologies that we should start considering to accommodate the expected boom in bandwidth consumption? Managing ROADMs – how can we improve on reliability and reduce risk? These are some topics that was discussed at the 20th Annual Submarine Networks World 2017, held last September.
In this keynote network design panel, moderator, Dr Steve Grubb, Global Optical Architect, Facebook was joined by the following panellists:
- Ian Clarke, Vice President, Global Submarine Solutions, Ciena
- Alasdair Wilkie, Chief Technology Officer, Deep Blue Cable
- Winston Qiu, Senior Vice President, Pacific Light Data Communications
- TV Chalapathi Rao, Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Tata Communications Transformation Services
- Nanang Hendarno, Chief Technology Officer, TELIN
Together, they shared insights on the following topics:
- What are some of the new network topologies that we should start considering to accommodate the expected boom in bandwidth consumption
- Are there lessons to be taken from terrestrial network architectures?
- Are there new solutions that will enable these changes in network architecture and how can cable owners balance the cost-benefit relationship in investing in such solutions?
- Designing for maintainability – how can we improve so as to reduce upgrade and maintenance cycles
- Managing ROADMs – how can we improve on reliability and reduce risk?
- Improving interoperability for software defined systems
Check out the full session “New network topologies for a next-gen Internet” here:
Want more of such great content? Then you should book your calendar for Submarine Networks World 2018, taking place 24 – 26 September at Suntec Singapore Convention Centre. Firmly established as the must-attend annual meeting for industry players from all around the world, preparations are already underway for another year of inspiring ideas, extensive networking and lively debates.
Keen to learn more? Get in touch with the team: