The telco industry continues to evolve, demanding industry players to keep up to speed by developing new capabilities and business extensions in order to stay relevant. Ahmed Saady Yaamin, Executive VP Market Strategy and Planning at Robi Axiata, shares with us a little about himself and some insights about the future of this industry. Don’t miss his presentation titled Adapting to a Customer Centric World on Day 2 of Telecoms World Asia 2020, held between 25 – 26 March 2020 in Bangkok, Thailand.
1. Can you share a brief introduction of what you do and what is the main area of focus for your company?
I manage the Strategy and Planning team of the Commercial division at Robi Axiata Limited. My company is a GSM mobile operator and the focus of my company is to provide innovative solutions to enrich the life of the consumers.
2. In one sentence, tell us how you would describe the state of the Telecommunications industry today?
The telecommunications industry is going through a transformation journey and we have no choice but to ensure that this transformation is successful.
3. How do you see the Telecommunications industry evolving over the next 5 years?
Telecommunication industry is going to be evolved as a lifestyle industry while providing solutions to ease the life beyond communication.
4. What are some of the common challenges that telco operators face today and how do you help them overcome these obstacles?
Most important challenge is to monetize the investment of data, to offset the drop of voice revenue. This can be overcome by diversifying the revenue source.
5. What one technology, or recent industry development, are you looking forward to finding out more about at Telecoms World Asia 2020?
The role of 5G in bringing to the forefront emerging technologies within the telco space
About Telecoms World Asia
Telecoms World Asia has been an annual platform for leading international carriers, operators, authorities and suppliers to meet, learn and create fruitful partnerships for the betterment of the telecoms ecosystem in Asia. This year, expect more than 1000 attendees, 120+ speakers, 50+ exhibitors and a most diverse agenda yet, with 5 tracks of content covering 5G, Network Virtualisation, Telco 4.0, Wholesale and Intelligent Connectivity.
30% Early Bird tickets expire on 15 Nov. Click here to book now!
To sponsor or exhibit, contact Taj at Tajuddin.Marhim@terrapinn.com or +65 6322 2722.